Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yay! Back in Florida!

Well, I got to Georgia this afternoon and saw my first palm trees and got downright giddy! Almost home! So, after a doggie stop and some fast food-ugh-I told the girls, try to be patient because we're going to make it to Florida today and I knew just the place!
With my dying cell phone, I called the Ocean Blue Motel and said we needed a room. He said, my housekeeper quit today but I just cleaned unit 202 and if you want it, I'll waive the dog fee. Done! says I.
I love this funky old Florida motel right on the beach. Here is the view from our room. I learned when I checked in that a developer had bought the old motel and plans to tear it down so I am doubly glad we came once more. Long run on the beach tomorrow before we head to Stuart.

1 comment:

  1. We stayed there - it is wonderful! But that was a few years ago and I thought it was long gone by now (developer and all). Sometimes there are good outcomes from a bad economy.

    ReplyDelete