Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The sacrifices I make . . .

I trust this is my worst travel day of the trip. I left Mass, went thru Connecticut (easy breezy for once), New York - added on a good 2 hours trying for the George Washington bridge when I somehow took a wrong turn - Yikes! (Should have listened to my trusty GPS.) Then New Jersey and into Pennsylvania.
Trying to get on the bridge-yikes!
So tonight, I am back at the most disgusting motel on the planet (yeah ok, I'm exaggerating - but only a little.) To make matters worse, I heard a program on Radio Times all about bedbugs yesterday. At the time, I thought you know? I really shouldn't listen to this considering where I'm headed, but did I listen to myself? Nooooooo. Candlewood Suites, of nondescript Horsham, PA, is dirty and disgusting. The clientele? Not exactly stellar. But, at least someone down the hall is burning patchouli incense to mask the smell of, oh I don't know, a dead body? Poo? Trying not to think about it. And why you might ask, are you staying there for the second year in a row?? A fabulous 3 mile path thru the woods from the back of the motel, perfect hike for the doggies and me after a long slog of a day on the road, that's why. The things I do . . . Oh! Did I mention I picked up the TV remote and it was covered in something akin to maple syrup. GROSS.
* * * 
So, let me back up and think only of soft and sweet and wonderful and beautiful things tonight ... like my lovely Anna and her pretty puppy, Izzy.
L to R:    Izzy and Anna    <3

No comments:

Post a Comment