Friday, November 19, 2010

Mr. Sticky!

So, with no little doggies waking me up at 6am (thank you, Florence!), I got up at 8:30 - heaven!  I would have loved a long walk on the beach but sorry no. I am not interested in picking up a traveling companion in the form of a worm or two in my body.
Instead, I made my way to Homestead, missing my GPS every mile of the way, and landed at BJ's wholesale. I had received a temporary free membership in the mail. Oh my. What a place. A huge warehouse filled with stuff. No pressure to be home until afternoon so I shopped. And I shopped. Now, I want you to know I bought staples. I did not buy anything frivolous until . . . there is an announcement over the loudspeaker, FREE GIFT, show up in the main aisle by aisle 6 and get your FREE GIFT. Well ok, I am all in favor of a free gift. So, I cruise over there.

Look at this cute girl. When about a dozen of us show up at aisle 6, there she is. Now, this girl could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo, or however that metaphor goes. She teases us for about five minutes and then hands us our free gift. A glasses cleaning cloth. Really? Then she says it's our "ticket" and we will need it at the end of her presentation because we are the first ones here and will need to prove that only we are worthy of what is to come. Hmmmm, ok, I won't walk away yet . . . Then, with much fanfare, out comes Mr. Sticky. That's right, Mr. Sticky. Mr. Sticky is apparently a very hot commodity that is just minutes away from being sold on QVC (for those of you not in the know, that is the shopping channel and a complete waste of time if you ask me but anyhoo...) Mr. Sticky (and why not Ms. Sticky I wonder since women are the ones who do the cleaning. Men are too freaking lazy plus they just don't care but I digress) PICKS UP ALMOST EVERYTHING. Mr. Sticky is the lint roller that never needs refills. Then she demonstrates Mr. Sticky on different surfaces and fabrics, picking up crumbs, hair, etc. Mr. Sticky picks up lint, fuzz, dust, dirt, pet hair and even picks up broken glass! Just rinse Mr. Sticky in hot water, and occasionally use soap, then massage Mr. Sticky - I swear I am not making that up!  Ok, I'm thinking, how much because I'm not buying it. Only $24.95 she says and I think no way and then she says but WAIT that's not all. Today only when you buy Mr. Sticky, you get this mini Mr. Sticky or Mr. Sticky Junior or something like that. Fits right in your purse, cute as a button. Ohh I think, but no, too much money. Then, and I told you this girl is good, out comes a mega-Mr. Sticky, telescoping handle and all! You can even clean your floor with it, curtains, ceiling fans, DOG HAIR, etc. Oh, I've got to have that. How much? How much? I figure if it is $10 or under, I'm getting it. She says today only, $24.95 . . . pause for effect . . . YOU GET ALL THREE MR. STICKYs!!!!  Everyone in the crowd bought at least one. Buy some for Christmas gifts! Many people bought two, three, four.  Well, how could I not. She was that gooooood.

So, I paid for all of my stuff and went home to jump in the pool. So nice to be home away from traffic and hookworms and dengue fever. This is what sunset looked like from my porch, I mean lanai. btw, saw a really big manatee in my canal.

2 comments:

  1. I already have my own set of 3 Mr. Sticky's that I bought several years ago, having fallen for the very same sales pitch. But this was at a craft fair, so held even more credibility for me. And I did use it once. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SUCKERS!!

    Although I must say I've been using it every day since I got it (Sophie hair.)

    ReplyDelete