Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stopped and saw my beloved niece, Annie, today along with Lucia and Micah (who is a BIG little boy now) and had the added bonus of seeing my sisterfriend, Karen. So wonderful to see them all and Annie makes some mean flatbreads-yum. Here are those crazy kids on their magic carpet (dressed in their super star capes.) They are so creative and imaginative and awesome and clever and beautiful.
After way too short a visit, I was off to Mercersburg in the pouring rain, just me and the 18-wheelers. Bit of a white knuckler but only took 4 hours.
So, in my never ending quest to find the perfect place to stay that will take dogs and is near nephew Josh (remember the Bates Motel from last year? Norman?Coming Mother.) I rented a log cabin out in banjo country (cue Deliverance theme.) Definitely sense snake handler churches in the area. The good news: It is clean and charming and comfortable. The bad news: There are 7 dead animals on the living room walls. Staring at me. very very creepy. Very very spooky. I am hanging out in the kitchen 'til bedtime. Luckily no heads in the bedroom.
OK, on the wall? A flattened bear. Gross!
I'll be glad when my friend, Stacy, comes to visit. When they coined the phrase: cooler heads prevail, they were thinking of Stacy. (whoever they are...actually when I am thinking they right now, I'm thinking of those heads in the other room.) Yikes!
deep yoga breaths . . .

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels, keep on blogging. we will miss you. see you in the spring

    ReplyDelete