Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On the road again . . .

I made sure I enjoyed every minute of my very last night ever at the Salt Shed: fire in the fireplace, nice hot bath with my new book of Shakespeare, lots of stars and half a moon on a midnight walk. Then, the guys were out in their lobster boats at 5am, their bright cabin lights on the horizon until sunrise, what a special place. I will miss living here and one day, will only think of it with love and appreciation and not regret for what was or might have been. So.  
I finished packing up and we headed south this morning. Tonight the temps are going to be in the teens in Maine so we got out just in the nick of time. There were mixed feelings from the girls (and not a little anxiety.)
Not to be left behind was Sophie: I AM coming with you, right? Right? RIGHT?
And, then there was Lucy: But Mummy, I don't want to leave!! Noooooo
My goal this trip was to not have the passenger seat filled to the roof like last year and when all was said and done I had to stop at the Post Office and mail a few things. Here is what I ended up with. Oh my, what a nice neat packing job that is. HA
So, I said goodbye to Maine 'til the Spring and drove thru New Hampshire, and into Massachusetts where I had a lovely dinner with my family. My sister made a pork loin with fresh rosemary, potatoes, and salad. yum  I walked in and said, this smells like my mother's house! Who knew she had it in her?? Fab, Sessie, thank you! My sympathy was with Will and his horrid math homework. His teacher is obviously a sadist. But I digress... We landed at my fave hotel, Element, where the girls received a doggie bag with treats, poop bags and a tennis ball, and made themselves right at home. Tomorrow, after a walk with my sweet Anna and Izzy, we are off to Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment