Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today I left the girls with Florence, the Prius with Toyota of Homestead to be fixed, picked up a rental at Hertz and guess what? It's a Prius! Yay! Guess what else? No GPS! Yikes! I do not drive anywhere without a GPS. I had some trepidation, well ok, LOTS. Because I am spending the night in Miami Beach and I have never gone off the rock without a GPS. The car rental guy, Dave, was very nice and showed me a map and explained my options (my eyes glazed over) but I made it! (fingers crossed for getting home tomorrow)
I was to be in court in Miami now and it was cancelled so I was left with a reservation at the Sheraton (and what a hell hole let me tell you. On the beach though. But more on that in a minute.) And a ticket to Cirque du Soleil, which I dearly love.
I found out once I got here that the court date will probably be December which is so heart wrenching I can't even begin to think about it . . .
So anyhoo, what was in the news about Miami Beach just the other day? lemme think, lemme think. . .Oh yeah, only HOOKWORM.Arrrrghghghgh So, apparently because the feral cats in the area use the beach as a litter box, and people like to walk barefoot in the sand, they are getting hookworm, starting in the feet, and moving up the body under the skin to the intestines and elsewhere. HOW GROSS IS THAT!
Now, wasn't there something else about Miami Beach?  hmmmm Oh yeah, only DENGUE FEVER!
 Not normally in the U.S., there have been a bunch of cases. Apparently, it starts with a high fever, like 104 or 105, then a flat red rash over the whole body, then a secondary rash, wait! What is that on my arm? There is a red splotch. Oh No! And, I'm feeling kind of hot . . .
Just kidding, Mom.
So, Cirque du Soleil was awesome, as always. The show was Kooza. Somehow I had second row seats but for the first half of the show, I moved up to the front row. Apparently the guy was late and they wouldn't let him in. Yay for me! If you ever have a chance, you must go and see Cirque.
It is awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Just emailed you with the sneaking suspicion that today was the day. Keep me posted. Think of you often, with love and admiration.
    XXXOOO
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Gloria just wrote about how great Cirque was, too. I find the stills to be creepy! You REALLY recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan! I LOVE La Cirque! Am a total groupie. If you haven't been, you really must go. I will email you about the other stuff when I have the stomach to do so. LYLAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Clembo - I think parts of it are creepy, too!

    ReplyDelete