Saturday, November 6, 2010

So, we started yesterday with a romp in the leaves. Although this appears to be quite the redneck haven, it is beautiful and as long as the dogs have their orange on, I feel pretty good about them not being taken for deer and ending up on the wall.
Good thing they enjoyed their morning outside, because they spent the rest of the day in the cabin while Stacy and I went out for some serious retail therapy, hitting our favorite little spots in Greencastle and Chambersburg.

We managed to drag ourselves away in time to get home, walk the girls, shower and get ready for the big event: Dinner with nephew Josh and his NEW GIRLFRIEND, Mikaela. I was so happy to see Josh, I got all teary - just for a minute.
Here we have Mikaela and
 Josh in his usual taciturn pose
Mikaela is so smart (well she is with Josh, after all) and sweet and cute and I liked her very much and, obviously, so does Josh. We had such a fun dinner at Flannery's in Mercersburg. Therefore, I give the Auntie's Seal of Approval.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm... I think Mikaela is quite smart on her own and doesn't need a man (even though Josh is a doll) to make her that way. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant, Miss Stacy, is that she must be smart because she likes my nephew.

    ReplyDelete