Friday, February 5, 2010

Well, I'm all excited because mum and daddy and Rose are coming to visit today! I woke up at 4am when the wind started to howl and the girls and I finally got up before daybreak, unable to sleep due to a ferocious thunder storm. Great lightening and booming thunder (although the girls didn't think it was so great.) Then the power went out. And was out for much of the morning. Poor mummy and daddy are driving in this mess. It continues to pour down and there are big huge rolling waves hitting the beach.

Here is a little gift I made for Rose:
It was so easy - I'll never buy another dog collar!

So, I wanted to address an issue I have taken heat for in the past. Butt cracks. Yes, you heard me. Butt cracks.  Yesterday, a local gentleman came to fix my dishwasher. Beside the fact that I could barely understand his accent, it soon became clear to me that even if I could understand him, his words would be drowned out by the dull roar in my head caused by that butt crack smiling up at me from where he lay on my kitchen floor. Surely, these men have wives or girlfriends or daughters or mothers who could enlighten them as to the usefulness of belts or suspenders and educate them as to the total ick factor involved here.  sigh

Anyhoo, moving right along, I sat down to finish my drawings from class this morning and wound up making this little pencil case instead.  I put vinyl on the inside.  Isn't it cute?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful collar and pencil case!
    Hope mum and dad got in fine. Your thunderstorm has become our blizzard - it is snowing to beat the band and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete