Friday, February 26, 2010

It is 30 degrees out this morning.

You can ignore this post if you are not a sewist (as Rhea would say.)

Oy, what a day. So, I get up early, drop the girls with my parents for the day (so nice having doggie daycare on site), and drive the hour-and-a-half to the big city. I have been so excited about this class with Judy Neimeyer. Sooo excited. Traffic kind of sucks and I am driving at the speed of light to get there on time and hey! I am. I haul Miss Elna, my kit, the bag of stuff I had to prepare for the class, etc. etc. in and find a place to set up by my new pal, Daphne. 
When, hold the phone . . . 
I do not have my freakin' frackin' forkin' foot pedal for Miss Elna. OMG! I can't sew! I thought I would cry. Well, Quilting by the Bay, who is putting this on, says I can borrow a machine. So, after the initial demo, I hop in my car and drive like a demon to the shop and pick up a Viking. I have never used a Viking. But I learn. Fast. 

Here I am in a bit of a daze, posing with the Viking.

And here are some of the quilts Judy brought with her. Gorgeous and even more wonderful in person. 

My assessment of Judy. Messy long blonde hair with 3 inches of dark roots, baggy jeans and shirt, sniffing like a cocaine addict, talent up the wazoo. She is amazing.










No comments:

Post a Comment