Thursday, February 18, 2010


Up early and there was actual frost on the windshield - OMG! The GPS took me on a wild goose chase to the airport but I made it in time, hopped on a commuter to Ft. Lauderdale, rented a Camry (the gas pedal seemed a little sticky, is that normal? haha) and made the ride to Key Largo. Oh, I love the Keys. I love the icky smell, the tacky signs, all of it. I met my BFF Leslie for lunch at The Big Chill and she arrived carrying a little care package in a gift bag for me with everything I would need for my first night in a motel (including little paper cocktail umbrellas - does this girl know me or what?)  

I then stopped and saw the gloriousness that is Gloria. How do I love thee? We had a quick catch-up, she just back from California and off for coffee, and I on my way to the Holiday Inn...Well, it's central.  Um, it's um, oh! my window looks out at boats! There, so pretty good, right? Here's the view:
Next stop: Shear Paradise. And it is. Here is hairdresser extraordinaire, Buff on the right and that is her partner in crime, Lisa on the left. Above everything else, they are good and kind and generous women. 
The woman in the cape trying to stay out of the picture shall remain nameless.

I also saw my friend, Debbie having her toes done so it was a truly happy afternoon, catching up and feeling the love! Sweeeeeet!
If you're in Key Largo and need hair or nails done, Shear Paradise is the place, girls! They are fabulous!

I also have to say that when I entered my room, the first thing I saw were pretty gift bags and a card from my friend, Sue! With all the stuff going on with her right now, she found the time for this. I am speechless and so grateful. 

Oh! So, I was walking through the parking lot of the old Shopper on my way back from the drug store and sure enough the old Cuban guy with his fruit truck with all the stuff hanging off the sides was there. So I asked: Hay tamales? Si! I bought two for my dinner and they were awesome. I am home. These are my people. (Leslie, the foresight to put plastic cutlery in my care package? priceless!)



No comments:

Post a Comment