Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another wonderful day in the Fabulous Florida Keys!

And, finally finally warm! Oh the sun felt so good.  I stopped in for a visit with friends Jan and Rob who, like everyone else down here, bitched about the weather this winter and might not come back next year. So nice to see them (oh, they'll be back!) Then, off to Our Lady of Perpetual Mimosas (aka Snappers). Here is the always lovely Janine.

Today was very special because it was Lu's 64th birthday. She wears it well, doesn't she? She looked pretty in pink as usual.

And I was so happy to see Mick and Ellie right where they should be in their usual seats on a fine Sunday morning at 10am. Mick gives the best hugs...


So, after brunch I ran a few errands, hit the flea market and went to Bealls for a new swimsuit. When I got back Sue was at the hotel with Katrina. Such a nice surprise to see Katrina! They both had their swimsuits and soon, Leslie appeared, then Karen and Jan, then Gloria. I hope I'm not leaving anybody out. Oh. Chuck made a brief appearance. Yay Chuck!
That Karen is in fabulous shape, isn't she?

Anyway, what a pleasure to be back in the water. First time all winter. We just floated around in the nice warm pool, had a hot tub. Kudos to the Holiday Inn. I mean, who knew? Karen was buying so we got some nice tropical drinks and when everybody drifted off, my Glorialola and I had a late lunch and a good heart-to-heart.

Here we are  

Tomorrow: breakfast with my friend Paula (hideously early because she is the hardest working woman in show business) and then back to Podunk via Ft. Lauderdale. 

toodles

4 comments:

  1. You look pretty fabulous yourself, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz - you look great and happy!! But don't forget about us in the semi warm almost springlike (dare we hope) north>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really???? Springlike? What's that mean, like 25 degrees? I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No SPRING LIKE - Saturday was almost 50!!! This week we in the high 30s and low 40s with rain. We have had an believably easy winter, lucky us. When are you headed back to Maine?

    ReplyDelete