Thursday, December 9, 2010

Well, it is bone chilling cold here in the Fabulous Florida Keys. 40's the last two mornings! Yesterday when we went for our walk, there were buzzards circling above and I figured they were up there waiting for Sophie to keel over from the cold since she is now naked. Oh, I felt so guilty!! She slept under a blanket last night...




So, yesterday I went with the Red Hats for a tour of the gardens at Kona Kai and a look at their art gallery. Well, I have a new fave artist. I love his paintings. He is from the Netherlands, resides in France and is Dirk Verdoorn. The show dealt mostly with his paintings of the Miami River but also included one of a barge in France and one of the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo (that's the ship they sunk to make an artificial reef.) Anyhoo, Think hyper-realism on the water. This was my favorite and the photo doesn't do it justice. Gorgeous paintings.
Beautiful day but  cold at the Kona Kai. 






Afterwards, we all went to Snapper's for lunch which was wonderful, as always.

I would also like to report that it was my BFF's birthday! You go Leslie!

And, just one more: Look at this cute little Hanukkha gift I made. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment