Monday, December 13, 2010

I was going to talk about how this nightmare I'm living in began 17 months ago and there is still no end in sight. How, I try to REALIZE DEEPLY that the present moment is all I ever have and I need to make the Now the primary focus of my life but how the Now just feels like living in limbo these days. I was also going to talk about how I decided it was time to stop the sleeping pills and antidepressants (resulting in 1.) three sleepless nights in a row to the point I am practically incoherent,  and 2.) the realization I am not ready to go off the antidepressants.) And, I was going to talk about how much I miss my husband and my old life . . .
BUT, instead I will tell you about the hawk with the broken wing that Sophie flushed out of the grass at 6:00 this morning. Poor thing couldn't fly and tried to hop away. I'm sure I woke up the neighborhood screaming at Lucy to leave it alone. I ran home and called the Wild Bird Center and woke someone up, waited while she found a pencil to take the info, and within a half hour, a guy showed up and rescued my bird. Yay.
So, the moral of my story?  Heck if I know. But I'm so happy about the bird and it's rescue and it snapped me out of the pity party I was having.
If you're looking for a worthy charity, why not give a little somethin somethin to the Wild Bird Center in Key Largo this holiday season?

4 comments:

  1. I wrote you a long comment the other night but couldn't get it to post. In summary...what were you thinkin?! Now is not the time to tough it out, my dear. Now is the time to take care of yourself - whatever that means at this moment.
    Love you....
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hoping that you have a very merry Christmas and a Happy 2011!!

    Todd and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you with love, Liz.
    XXXOOO
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Liz. What a great thing to rescue a hawk.

    ReplyDelete