Saturday, December 25, 2010

The girls and I went for a walk before bed tonight. Christmas night. Kind of tough to look through lighted windows in the neighborhood and see people celebrating, hear the music, the laughter, around a table, tree lit up, and not think of years past.

My husband and I celebrated together, just the two of us, every single year for 27 years. Over half of my life - and his.

Now, don't get me wrong. Karen and Chuck, Mary, all invited me to their homes last night, Lu and Tom for tonight; Leslie and Tom brought by lobster ceviche on their way to Miami today; Gloria and David and Marilyn came by for a swim.

A secret Santa left flowers on my stairway.

I opened presents from my mom and dad, my sister, and Rita and Sue.  Family called from Chattanooga, Michigan and Massachusetts.

I feel incredibly lucky. And ridiculously sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment