Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A yawn of a day



I think I am going to rename this blog "The Boring as all get-out Blog," but it does serve it's purpose in letting my mummy and daddy know I'm alive and well.  So, I started the day with yoga class with Jenny, which I really enjoy. Some of my chums from college were there (didn't that sound so Nancy Drew-ish?) and it was fun to catch up. I've gone back to the stinky musclehead gym on MWF now that all of my company is gone so I'm feeling pretty good, if a little sore.  yawn

Let's see, what else. Um, the car wash (I do love a good carwash. I always get the works because it lasts longer.) And, no this is not the only picture I snapped - took about 6. How pathetic is that?
Again, yawn . . .

Ran some errands and came home to work on my Wounded Warrior quilt. Remember the pattern I showed you? Well, here is how far I am: tree trunk and ribbon. Going to start on the top of the tree tomorrow. It's a fun little project for a good cause. It is a challenge to just use scraps - not even fat quarters, just bits and pieces. For the light part, I had to turn some fabrics upside down so they would blend better. I think the saving grace when it's pieced is going to be to quilt the heck out of it.

Anyhoo  . . . what else, what else,

Long walk on the beach with the doggies where Sophie attacked a pitbull puppy, probably scarring it for life and thus turning it into a vicious killer. It is a beautiful warm sunny day but I won't bore you with yet another picture of the beach. There are surfers out today and it is 72 degrees. nice


yawn . . .
Oh! The UPS man came. He is already scarred for life thanks to Sophie. She went for him early on. He probably carries a gun since his experience and who knows how many innocent lives have been lost because of it. She very well may be an agent of evil.  But I digress (again.) He brought me some whey I ordered after Dr. Lu told me to stop using the soy in my smoothies. She said people with thyroid problems shouldn't have soy. So, I went online and I guess I didn't really think about what 2,273 G looked like. I just liked the price break for the big one. Well, "big one" is the understatement of the year. The dogs were actually scared of the thing when I pulled it out of the box.  Holy . . .

Look at the size of this thing!

That is all.

2 comments: