Sunday, March 21, 2010





For the last two days, the temperatures have finally been in the 70's, bringing out the riffraff on what I've come to think of as my private beach. Look at them all! Go away!
So, yesterday was National Quilting Day - but I'm sure you all knew that, right - and I sewed all afternoon. I finished up this quilt for my nephew, Will. How funny is this?? I took a picture I had on my computer and copied it onto a piece of linen, then cut out his head and stitched it to this panel of fabric. Then, quilted the panel, put on backing and binding (in camouflage fabric, of course) and voila:

I have to say Podunk cleans up real nice come Springtime! Instead of a crappy little hole in the wall, it looks, well, pretty. The dogwoods and redbuds are in bloom. There are paperwhites and narcissis (wait, are those the same thing?) and tulips and crocuses and everything is greening up.












































Then I started on another lap quilt for a veteran. The National Quilting Association put out a free pattern in honor of National Quilting Day, perfect for scraps. Here it is:
If you want to make one, go here:  http://nqaquilts.org/nqday/nqday2010.php for step by step instruction.

My last picture is what it looks like here at the beach this morning. What a difference from the last two days. Rainy and 60 degrees but humid and feels nice with the sliding door open.


Note the hoi polloi are gone. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment