Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quilt Show

My parents left this morning and I will miss them. I'll miss the dog walks and I'll miss cooking dinner for them and I'll miss shopping with my mom. They are off to warmer climes and I envy them. It was 31 this morning and only up to 55 today.

So, UPS came tonight and it was like Christmas! Maia sent my quilts back after longarming them for me. A shout out to Maia Hart, quilter extraordinaire. You can find her at Alewives Fabric in Damariscotta, Maine. She does beautiful work.  

So here they are sans binding. I trimmed them down first thing and I'll start getting the bindings on tomorrow. First up is the Red Onion (although I'm calling this one the Purple Onion.) I did pieces of this quilt as a demo for a class I taught for my guild so I just used my stash. It looks a little muddy to me color-wise but I can live with it.

As you can see, Sophie is my quilt model today.


This quilt is called Jelly Girl and it was a class I took from my friend, Rina, at Alewives. She and I were practically hysterical trying to lay out the half-pinwheels on the sides. Good memories.


This next little quilt was a panel I bought at Paducah last year. I think it is sweet and it will be a nice little throw if one of my nieces doesn't claim it. Maybe Fairy Princess Lucia . . .  It says "Sing Birdie" and then, "A song for me."

Here is what I put on the back. So cute.
So, this next picture is just a top so far that I am almost done with. It was a challenge quilt and is to go to a nursing home resident (unless my Mom has her way and takes it away from some poor little old lady. She can be quite insistent.) I love these Kona Bay fabrics.

It is called "Window on the East."

Had to post this picture of my sweet Miss Lucy. Would ya look at this face!!


And just one more:  Still no frizz!!!!

5 comments:

  1. so when you come back are you still going to try and teach me to quilt??? Teaching me will bring the frizz back to your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up for the challenge. I will make a quilter of you yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful and you look great!! Jasper misses his girl friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts, not that I am surprised, but they look great! I love the Jelly Girl, it is beautiful. Your hair looks great too, how long should that treatment last?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say 4 months and then you need to just do a partial (?)

    ReplyDelete