Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some Observations

So with the wind chill, it felt like 37 degrees this morning. And the wind is blowing again.  The girls decided 6am was a good time to get up and go out, even though it was dark and I was not happy about it but they were insistent. Something about seeing sunrise at the beach. Totally worthwhile.

Anyhoo, I wanted to give a shout out to my friend, Sue, this morning. Check out her frankenstein foot and these are her guard cats, worried about mommy.



Somebody give this girl a pedicure!


Well, yesterday I made the trek to the big city and, having tried the Publix (blech) and being all done with the local Piggly Wiggly, I tried Winn Dixie. Oh yeeeaaaaahhhh, that what I'm talking about. It is fab-u-lous! Lots of organic fresh produce, whole wheat pastas, chicken that hasn't been tortured, my fave yogurt, you get the picture.  So, as usual I had my green bags with me and as usual I get a comment from the cashier. "You must be from Canada."  I do an interior eye roll and say no but I am trying to swear off plastic, like it's bad for the planet? Get it? I may as well have two heads. So get this: my credit card won't swipe so the cashier grabs a couple of plastic bags, puts my credit card in one and swipes it through and it works.  Then, he stuffs the two plastic bags in the trash can. Yes, you heard me. He totally cancelled out my two green bags. I couldn't help it. I said don't throw those away! He (I gesture to the biker with the scraggly white beard next in line) won't mind if you use those bags. . . unless he brought his own.  Biker dude won't make eye contact and cashier looks at me like what planet did you say you were from? oh well  As my pal Sarah reminds me, Keep Calm and Carry On.

Oh, best billboard spotted on the way home. It was aimed at discouraging drunk driving.
It is a child in the back seat holding a sign that says:

LET'S GET ICE CREAM BEFORE YOU PARALYZE US.

I swear I am not making this up.



2 comments:

  1. Your pictures didn't come through for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird - they come up on my screen. My friend Sue can't see them either. I'm going to try something else. Stay tuned . . .

    ReplyDelete