Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So, the weekend with my family flew by way too fast ZOOM!  It started out stormy (I love this picture of Sarah and Lucy gazing out to sea.) 



Sunday was sunny and really windy. The waves were smashing the shore and I have never seen the tide so high. Nat and Sarah brought their bikes with seats for the little ones on the backs and we road over to the State Park and had a fun time - saw a bunch of deer. Still no alligators. Sarah's bike is the biggest piece of crappy junk you could ever wish for. I mean, this bike made unsafe-at-any-speed noises and slipped the chain about a half dozen times. Nat wound up riding it both days and I must say he looked very sweet driving a pink and green girl's bike, clunking along with a smile on his face.

We took a tour of the area and had lunch at a seafood restaurant where Nat was kind enough to split a dozen fabulous oysters with me. Yum! 


But the best part was just hanging out with Sarah and Nat and Genevieve and Seth. Look at these children. Are they not beautiful? And smart; truly a joy to be around. 

I was sad to see them go but so grateful they would drive all that way to see me. I am one lucky Zia!

No comments:

Post a Comment