Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I spent my first day in Glasgow madly trying to cram in as much as possible. Some highlights: A few hours at Kelvingrove Museum. Here it is and here is one of my fave exhibits: Check out the heads! I stayed at the Thistle, right in the theatre district and shopping?  OMG the shopping - no time though so I satisfied myself with window shopping

and, well just one trip to Marks and Spencer, of course. Well, OK, two. This picture is a side picture of the place because when I asked about how to get in (more than once) I was told to go take the ma in gits. What? The ma in gits. What? well, you probably get it - the Main Gates!  (I figured it out like way after the fact.)
All of the museums in Scotland are free. Isn't that awesome? Stopped in at the Buchanan Galleries, right down from my hotel and checked out the Gallery of Modern Art.  So, this morning, I took a bus -I didn't have the guts to take on the Highlands in a rental car and I was right - curvy tight hedge rows and corners. It was fun though AND informative and I got off in a little village called Luss. So pretty:
and right on Loch Lomond,  

 Back on the bus thru the highlands and I have arrived Inverness and want to go to dinner so I'll tell you more tomorrow all about the airy coos, the numbers on the bagels and the stone tars. Saw a lot of them from the cooch! Also about my cruise on Loch Ness and Nessie herself (and check it out: there is a lesser known monster in Loch Lochy named Lizzie!)

Guid night an sweit dreams, Lizzie Alone

2 comments:

  1. the numbers on the bagels? You should write a book, you are quite entertaning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so beautiful! Glad you are finding interesting places and the weather looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete