Saturday, May 15, 2010

So, yes I've already been in Maine for a week as of today but I need to go back and fill you in on my incredibly interesting life leading up to my arrival. haha

Stacy and I toured Gettysburg last Wednesday and when I say toured, no no no, not the battlefields. Duh! We toured the shops!  I did stop to snap this sculpture of Lincoln downtown. His hat is pointing towards the 2nd floor of the Wills House where he supposedly finished the Gettysburg Address. The dude next to him is supposed to be a 20th century tourist but I think he looks like Andy Williams.


(And, FYI, I have explored the battlefields and historical points on a previous trip.)









Wednesday night, we went to Mercersburg Academy and picked up Josh for dinner at Flannery's Pub in downtown Mercersburg. I hesitate to publish this mug shot (I mean photograph) because he always does this to me. It is rare I get a smile out of him for a picture. Here he is in all his glory. Seriously, he is a great kid and I love him dearly.

Check out his tux shirt. Thanks for dressing for dinner buddy!




Ok, so we dropped Josh off at school and Stacy and I went home to the psycho Bates Motel. When we pulled into the yard, I noticed that two of the cows were outside of the fence. Uh oh. I jumped out of the car thinking to herd them back towards the fence where I thought there must be an escape hole or something. As soon as I got out of the car, they came towards me. Now, I know they were just curious but those suckers were HUGE and getting closer. I jumped behind a tree and said, uh Stacy? As usual, my friend was the voice of reason and told me basically not to be ridiculous. So not wanting them to wander out to the road we brainstormed for a minute and then I found a gate on the other side of the house and unchained it. Then, with Stacy behind them on one side of the house and me on the other to prevent them from getting past the gate, we herded them right through the gate. While I tended to wave my arms, I noticed that Stacy talked to them in her no-nonsense mother voice. V. effective.  Spontaneous high five!!! (which really hurt my hand-ouch!)

Here is Stacy posing and me, showing those bovines who's boss!
Yeah! Who's yo daddy, cowface!!

No comments:

Post a Comment