Monday, May 3, 2010

I swear I am not making this up!

So, I thought cool, I'll kill two birds and get stoned (or however that quaint saying goes). I will visit my nephew, Josh, for a few days and rent a place where the girls and I can get some exercise and unwind from the drive, not some generic motel where they have to be on leashes.

The place I rented sight unseen is sort of Alfred Hitchcock Goes Down on the Farm. It is in the countryside outside of Mercersburg. Beautiful setting BUT then you have the house. How many words do I need? Just one: creepy. Well, ok, here's another: filthy.  Here it is:



(cue scary psycho freddy krueger music)








Lucy and Sophie are a bit freaked out too - not so much by the house but by what's in the front yard. Check it out:





Lucy's eyes bugged out of her head when one of these ladies mooed!



And the piece de resistance? Just a quarter mile down the road? Yup, you got it:
A snake handler church!!!!!!!












I will stay here one night and then we'll see.  Hmmmm, which of the 12 or so shabby bedrooms shall I choose? The one with the motheaten Barbie bedspread or the one with horse hair sprouting out of the mattress? Or hold on, how about the one with Jack Nickolson gripping the knife behind the door; the twins? I could go on . . . )

Oh, also forgot to say, there is a squeaky door to the attic, probably where the blood sucking zombies hang out. Did I go up? hell no!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. Maybe I did have something else to do tomorrow after all. :) Just kidding - I'll brave it!

    ReplyDelete