Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Best thing since sliced bread and scourge of the earth

So, when my great-niece, Genevieve, was visiting me this winter, I spotted her cereal bowl and HAD to have one of my own. I mean, could there be a better invention? I love my blue cereal bowl and I use it every morning. Thanks, Genevieve!


Oh, and get this: You can get them at the grocery store for only a few dollars. Who knew?

(If it's not obvious, the straw is for sucking up the milk when the cereal is gone. Genius!)


OK, yesterday I finished putting my garden in. I planted lots of tomatoes, lots of lettuce, radishes, some french tarragon, rosemary, dill, basil and this year, pumpkins. I got all of my flowers planted and put out the red, white and blue so: Ready for the summer! And it's a good thing because it is supposed to be in the 90's today! Well, it's always cooler at the coast so I'll see 70's but still, it's only May and this is Maine! I'm thinking it's because my friend Tom decided not to come to chilly Maine until the end of June this year. haha Tom!

I also got my first (and please let it be my only) black fly bite. I despise those blood sucking vampires. Now, I have this huge pus cone on my head (how's that for a visual?) I do not see the point of flies in this world. And, snakes. What good are they, I ask you?

  It's the females that bite, you know. Sort of the Rielle Hunter of the insect world.

No comments:

Post a Comment