Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oy vey what a day


But I just got back from walking the dogs and I found myself saying to them when we came back through the gate, "Gratitude, girls. It's all about gratitude." Ok, sure maybe I'm losing it- doh! but isn't it the truth? Aren't we all so lucky to be here?

First and foremost today, OMG, VIVA LOS MINEROS!!! Is that the best news ever??

In other news, my beloved neighbor, Walt, had a heart attack while I was gone this week. Bea told me (right before I got stung by the bee.) He is doing fine, on his way home to Virginia. I'll call him tomorrow.

My bee sting was the size of a dinner plate when I got home tonight, down to a saucer or even less, now. Grateful for that!

The milky way figures prominently tonight, half moon rising over the trees. I saw one shooting star (have to say, btw, too much freakin' air traffic in this world . . .but anyhoo,)

Surprise surprise, my neighbors are all gone. I think the water to the peninsula must have been shut off. It is dark and quiet on my street, just lovely and no, not scary.

So much to be grateful for. I love how Albert Schweitzer says it:

To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take 
nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind 
that will stand behind the action.  Nothing that is done for you 
is a matter of course.  Everything originates in a will for the 
good, which is directed at you.  Train yourself never to put off
the word or action for the expression of gratitude.



And because I am a Schweitzer fan and don't want to get too godawful serious tonight, here are a few more of his wise words:


Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

I love that. Good night

***

Viva los mineros!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oui, viva los mineros! ;) I kept hearing on the radio that there was 24 hour coverage of this but couldn't find it on any of my 3000 or so channels! Pat looked the night before so it's not just me. And no, CNN is not one of those channels so why do I have FIOS anyway!?!

    ReplyDelete