Monday, October 11, 2010

I woke up to a chilly 42 degrees this morning. My little heaters are working overtime. They said on the news that we are at 50-75% of color. Beautiful, isn't it?
The girls walked themselves this morning while I made a big bowl of steel cut oats with pecans and dried cranberries and maple syrup (from a friend's maple trees.) Life doesn't get much better than this.
So, yesterday was a long walk in the woods. I seeded and limed my lawn and put away the fishing rods, life preservers, noodles, you get the picture. Then an afternoon indoors  with Miss Elna. I finished up this bag. It was fun to make, is totally lined and folds up like so. Neat. It will be a gift for a very good friend of mine.

I also whipped up this square for Mary Lou's quilt. Shhhhhh, don't tell her. It's a surprise!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. cold morning, oatmeal, beautiful colors...you are making me want to be there stop that!

    ReplyDelete