Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today marks exactly one year since I became Lizzie alone.

There were quite a few milestones during the year. My very first Thanksgiving alone. First Christmas alone. First Easter alone. You get the picture.

I’ve had a peek at my Self for the first time in many years though. And what I see is an independent, capable and creative woman. I do not live in fear anymore. Fear has nothing to do with me.  I am learning to love myself. I am proud of myself.

My biggest challenge is living in the present, not allowing my thoughts to go constantly and exclusively to the past or what if. I’ve had glimpses of the joy that is now and I want more of it. That is the task I set for myself each day.

I live in a state of gratitude now.  For the unwavering love and support of my family and friends. For the beauty that surrounds me every single day.

I have discovered this year that alone does not mean lonely. Lizzie alone is just fine, thank you very much.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself too! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat asked me how long the other day, and I see that I remembered the date correctly. But how could we forget anyway?
    I've told you before, but you continue to amaze me with your strength and passion. Like
    Rita, I am very, very proud of you and love you bunches! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super awesome zia
    we love you
    you are an inspiration to me
    wish maine wasn't so far

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say that we and Rita are very proud of you - duh. Not that I'm not proud of Rita, but....

    ReplyDelete