Friday, April 9, 2010

So, I just couldn't stay in Podunk for another week - my beach was no longer my beach and, alas, the Spring Breakers had arrived with a vengeance. Check it out and remember my older pictures:
Now, I don't begrudge them their drunken noisy antics, in fact it brought back some fun memories of me in the day. It was not the kids - yes they were rambunctious but totally self involved. No, it was the parents of the younger children. Mostly the fathers. What a bunch of idiots and worse. I am not going to have another diatribe (again, apologies for my (now deleted) post of last week.) Suffice to say I do not like mean spirited redneck southerners and leave it at that.

Moving right along, I had my last Zumba class with Ele on Wednesday. She is so awesome and that girl has rhythm - OMG! My girlfriends - you must try out Zumba! You can get an idea here (and FYI, being of advanced age, I do take an Advil before I go!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7DyRjtWRc&feature=fvw

I love Zumba (hello? Ditch the workout and join the party!) and it will be interesting to see how the latin flavor translates in Maine-huh? because they apparently offer it at the Y there. Ele was awesome and I will miss her.  Then, yesterday I had my last yoga class with Jenny. I met Jenny when I was a college student, dontcha know, and followed her to Windmark Beach and to here on the Cape. I just love her and one reason, I suspect, is that she reminds me a lot of my friend, Stacy. Yoga quiets the mind. My grandma did it into her 90's. My dad does it (his version) every night.

Anyhoo, I spent two hellish days packing and cleaning. The dogs were totally freaked out, of course, and every time I had to open the hatch or one of the doors of the Prius, in one or both jumped. And, then you have me yelling, I've had it, get out, get out!

They were pretty good travelers today. It was a long slog thru NOWHERE. I mean, you think of Florida as packed with snowbirds and tourists but not up in the panhandle (they call it "the big bend") and towards Orlando. No sir. Old trailers and decrepit towns. Not pretty but for the multiple signs of spring - flowers and new green leaves everywhere. Just beautiful in that regard.

My pizza just arrived . . . More anon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment