Sunday, April 25, 2010

having a bit of a hard time with the typing and just deleted the post with sweet pics of genevieve and seth i've been trying to get out there for days. as my sister would say, ai yai yai (sp?)

so, i will briefly fill you in. okay, first off, leslie and tom took me up to miami for my surgery which was at noon thirty. i am so grateful but i would like to point out that i was not allowed to eat or drink anything including water after midnight the night before and, in the kindest way possible, i would like to say that they TORTURED me with food and water the whole way there. tom was particularly despicable with the good-n-plenty and leslie not only had two water bottles sitting next to me but ate these lovely apple chunks in front of me and pushed cereal bars at me . . . anyhoo, thanks so MUCH you two for helping me out.

ai yai yai (who said that anyway, ricky ricardo? topo gigio?)

ok, so above and beyond the call of duty, leslie drove me off the rock again the following day to have my dressing cut off. dr. levin said all set and i said um shouldn't you put my next bandage on? he said i want it to get the air. wowza i have to wear the sling and keep it above my heart 'til next friday when the stitches come out.

the fabulous sue met us for lunch on wednesday and took me to the groc store and home and are you ready? mopped the dog hair from my floor!!!!! no easy task. (and she doesn't even like dogs)

next up? buff washed my hair. for free. twice. i love her. gloria picked me up and drove me home. she is such the goddess .  . but we all know that.

ok so my lovely sarah and grand babies seth and genevieve came on thursday and they were so awesome. sarah acted as cook and chauffeur and scribe and the kids were primo entertainment. how i do love them. we went to the pool and the beach and out to eat and they left this morning and let me tell you it is wicked quiet around here tonight.

this morning i had my last trip to snappers and mick and ellie and lu and tom and janene i love you and i will miss you. with this stupid hand i had a scrambled egg - bleah - but it is all about the mimosas and the company and both are the best ever.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment