Thursday, December 10, 2009

The girls woke up in the middle of the night to driving rain and howling wind. The next thing I knew, I was pinned under the sheets with an 80-pound dog on each side. Honestly, these two are getting so neurotic in their old age!

So, because they absolutely refuse to learn how to use indoor plumbing, off we went at 6:30 this morning into the storm. We got absolutely soaked. Like pants clinging to the legs, eyelashes glued to the cheeks soaked. Well, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

I spent much of the morning catching up on email and trying to re-pack things for a better fit in the little Prius. Then, off we went to Twining Village to see my in-laws. Here are Mom and Dad O. and aren't they cute and festive and smiley! They have a lovely little apartment in a really really nice complex. We had lunch in the dining room and it was wonderful! I'm so happy for them and I did say that once I was "of age" I would be moving in but then I thought well, no ocean, so forget it. (I'm sure they were relieved to know I was not going to be a neighbor anytime soon!)

The dogs and I had a long hike in the woods afterwards where Lucy pretended she was the mighty hunter put on earth to annihilate the squirrel and chipmunk population in one fell swoop (uh huh, I let her believe that but with the cataracts she's getting, not much chance of it-thank goodness!)

After they had dinner, back in the car for a nap while I met my sisterfriend, Karen, then her husband, Frank, and finally, my niece, Annie, for dinner at Garrabaldarrinis or some such Italian place. It was actually really good. But best of all, I felt the love of my family and I know I am so lucky to have them.

Off to bed because these two will have me up at the crack of dawn, I'm sure.


2 comments:

  1. Liz, Dan's return party was a great success - the pub was packed with his friends (can you believe he was worried no one would show up!!) I have pictures and will send you some in email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received the pictures - loved them and wish I could have been there. All the best to you guys. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete