Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finally! Back on the Net after three days of living in the dark ages!

Thursday morning found me at Annie and Josh’s fabulous new house in the Germantown section of Philly.  OMG what a wonderful house! High ceilings, huge rooms, hardwood floors. It is also my absolute favorite kind of house: a fixer upper. What a great project they have in front of them. Sure, daunting but oh the potential! This house is going to be really amazing when they get done! (Nice job on the light fixture, Frank!!)


I also want to say that Miss Faerie Princess Lucia KNOWS what the hokey pokey is all about! She is quite the dancer.  Here she is waltzing with Josh, obviously her daddy and Prince Charming all in one. And, Micah? Going to be a baseball player, no question. What an arm! Seriously, they are such beautiful and funny and sweet kids. I am honored to be their Zia!


Annie and I and the kids took the dogs to the arboretum for a little exercise before the trip to Mercersburg. What a beautiful place on such a sunny and frigid day! Both dogs, of course, went in the pond so I got to drive the three+ hours to Mercersburg with eau de dog permeating the car.


* * * * * *


I stayed for three nights at Whitetail Ski Resort where the dogs could actually stay home instead of in the car where it was too cold to leave them. I’m looking forward to some warm weather next week. My friend, Stacy drove down and we explored the little towns of Chambersburg and Greencastle and found some unique shops. She is a horrible influence on the girls as they are both allowed in bed with her!





We took Josh out to dinner in Mercersburg and Stacy left Saturday morning. Josh and I had lunch and went Christmas shopping and he visited with the girls who were thrilled to see him, as he is one of their favorite people. I swear he is even taller then in September and he is growing his hair long. It looks fab and no, I didn't take a picture and I'm kicking myself for it. Suffice to say, he looks great and is enjoying life.

So, I woke up this morning to rain and sleet and a half inch of glare ice on the road. I thought the road was merely wet and when I stepped onto it to walk the girls this morning, I went down and split my knee open. Ouch!  I turned on the TV and it said ice emergency until 1pm. Well, I went out and checked every hour or so and couldn't even get to the car door, it was that slippery. Finally, I put down a rug from the condo and got in the car and drove it up on the snow in the yard. Loaded up, put the dogs in and slid my way up the drive. No way was I going to stay another day with NO INTERNET! We crept down the mountain and finally got to where the sand truck had been. Then a morning driving through pouring rain, to drizzle, to fog to a nice sunset. A little bit of everything. We've landed in Dublin, Virginia (how appropriate!) at a Holiday Inn and happy to be here and to have made some progress towards Chattanooga where we plan to arrive tomorrow.

Everybody wish my nephew a HAPPY 30th! Natonio, I hope you had a super fun partay and sorry I missed it!  xoxo



1 comment:

  1. OMG you are sooo brave! Can you even imagine going out in an ice storm, much less driving, a year ago?
    It was great to see you, Josh and the girls and hope it's not too long before our next visit.

    ReplyDelete