Thursday, September 30, 2010

Storm coming

After three long weeks away, I returned to the Salt Shed last night. And just in time for a storm. It is making it's way up the east coast as we speak. The ocean is a dull roar and the winds have picked up. Swells are actually moving down the Little River. The fog horn is going non stop. Delicious.
Well, my garden is looking pretty tired but it did yield a lovely surprise for my homecoming: one pumpkin. How cute is this?? Not big enough for a pie, maybe for a piece of pie...
Using the storm as an excuse, I cut a few hydrangeas. I just love the beautiful blue color. Florida has Plumbago, Maine has Hydrangea. Truly the best of both worlds. Look how pretty they are.
And, lastly, the lawn was horribly overgrown but when I mowed, I could not bear to cut down this weed patch. Are they purple asters? I'm not sure.
Oh, OK, just one more:  This is on it's way to Mr. Seth Osborn today.
I also sent packages to Lucia and Micah - some warm snugglies for the coming cold weather. Sealed the package before I thought to take a picture. Oh well. Marin and Willa: if you are reading this, Zia is working on your little dresses but it's slow going. Bags and quilts: easy. Dresses: not so much. So maybe by next week . . . ?


OK, that's all I got.

3 comments:

  1. Where have you been that you just returned home? It was so great to see you this summer. Any chance we can convince you to stop by on your way south?
    As always, your fan,
    Susan
    another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hydrangeas and the weather! And the bag, too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is so cute! He is going to love it! When that storm passed through down here it was gray and raniy all day and I all I could think of was how much better it would be at the Salt Shed,with a nip in the air.

    ReplyDelete