Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I wanted to catch you up on my visit with my friend Sue, from Key Largo, a few weeks ago. 
 (I sure seem to have a lot of friends named Sue.)  It had been 49 years since Sue visited Pemaquid Light and a couple of years since I'd been there so off we went. What a beautiful place. Here is Sue with an admirer.
 Cute couple.
 And, beautiful Pemaquid Light
Another highlight of her visit was dinner and a concert in Boothbay Harbor. Dinner was at The Boathouse Bistro for tapas. We sat rooftop in thick sort of ghostly fog, had a fabulous meal and then off we went to the Boothbay Harbor Opera House for a concert by The Elders.
Check out the fog...
Where do I start? Sue and I were both in awe. We sat in the front row and were spectators to what is billed as "Arse Kickin' Celtic Music from the Heartland!" The Elders are AWESOME. I'm showing you a picture from the web because they were in contant motion and impossiblle to capture on film. We both had the hots for the lead singer, Ian, but at one point Sue turned to me and said in that clipped accent, Do you think he's a nice guy or a bastard? You can guess what I said. hahaha . . . Seriously, though if you ever have the chance to see them live, it is well worth it. What a great evening. 
We also had lunch with Leslie and Tom and walked the Rockland breakwater to the lighthouse; we lunched at King Eider. We spent hours and hours swimming in the lake - and becoming quite prune-like - as Maine was sweltering (well, for Maine) the first half of her visit. Except when she came down with a 24-hour bug (seriously, I thought she was going to expire at one point), it was a fun visit and I always enjoy spending time with Sue. 



1 comment: