Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sue and I spent the morning at the quilt show seeing more fabulous quilts and perusing the vendors. Here are some more images - I can't help it, I just have to show you. Really awesome show.







So we hit the road about noon and were back in Maine about an hour later at which time we were famished. I missed the turnoff for the Yorks so I said, ok I am taking the next exit and we are going to eat at the first place we come to. I turned off at Kennebunk. And we drove. And drove. And drove and drove and drove. OMG just when I thought we were going to have to resort to cannibalism (although I did not tell Sue that), we came into the jam packed touristy Kennebunk and I pulled into a parking place at Bartley's Dockside. Just in the nick of time!  
 Whatever you do, never ever ever go there. It SUCKED. Do you hear that Bartley's? You suck! The food was adequate, the waitron was a weirdo and it was a total rip-off. Check it out, I got a caesar salad with seared scallops. The menu said a plain caesar was $7.95. Then, you could have it with lobster or chicken or whatever for different prices, the price with scallops being $12.95. Well, I got the bill and they charged me $7.95 PLUS $12.95. How crazy is that? First of all, $7.95 for lettuce?? $12.95 for a handful of pitiful little scallops?? Rip-off! When I got home, I looked at the reviews for this place on TripAdvisor and most everybody else hated it for the same reasons. NEVER GO TO BARTLEY's. Ok, done with that.
Now, Mr. Jasper Jax has been visiting me and the girls for a week while his mom and dad went on vacation so we bid him adieu this morning. Buh bye Jazzy! Good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment